Wednesday 10 October 2012

First project breakdown

For my first project I was looking at creating combines and sculptors, and how they express meanings in different ways to different people. So the first artist I looked at was Robert Rauschenberg and his combine " Coca Cola Plan " and how that indicates a message to the audience. After looking at that combine and another combine, i decided to go out and find my own objects to create a combine of my own. So i took a pre-determined journey and looked for any items that i could use that would help me show thoughts and history to the audience. I found this difficult as the journey i took was quite busy and had very little usefull scraps. The reason i was looking mainly at scrap objects and found materials is because when Robert Rauschenberg created his combines in the 1950's they were stil rather rationed, and could not simply go to the store and purchase any materials he needed, so he would take a local journey or maybe a further journey sometimes and find his materials. So to get a feel of how he had to do it, I decided to do a journey aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment